5 Essential Facts about Clothing Manufacturing New York City
If you are in the fashion industry, you have a great deal of competition, both from big designer names with famous garments and from discount manufacturers offering functional clothing at low prices. There are a few major keys to your success, including great branding, appealing advertisements, and more. One of the top priorities, though, is finding a great garment manufacturer in New York.
Why should you pursue clothing production from New York instead of outsourcing to another country, like China? Why should you have clothes made where they are designed? For the answers to these questions, consider these 5 fascinating, essential facts about the clothing manufacturing industry. What you learn may change your perspective on how clothing should be made.
· The US is the largest importer of fashion garments in the entire world, and almost 40% of clothing found in American stores is from China. This means that very little fashion is made in America. Since the 2008 recession, many Americans of different means and demographics have taken interest in shopping American. "Shop local" is now a trendy slogan that applies to clothing as well as food. Your clientele may be drawn to the "Made in the USA" label inside your products.
· The menswear industry alone is now worth over $400 billion dollars worldwide. This says a great deal about the fashion industry and its base. Men are now smart fashion shoppers who are not afraid of making a hobby out of good style. As male celebrities inspire fashion trends with nearly as much power as female celebrities, choosing local, high-quality clothing manufacturers for men’s and women’s wear is now essential to your brand's success.
· China's textile industry accounts for over 2.5 billion tons of wastewater every year—one of the most wasteful industries in China. Eco-conscious shoppers care about manufacturers that put care into what they produce. Mass production is out; green production is in. Local clothing manufacturers for small businesses can help you advertise your eco-friendly initiatives.
· Manhattan shoppers spend $362 per person, per month, on clothing and fashion accessories. This is the most in the entire country. A New York clothing manufacturer will understand the specific styles, demographics, and trends in New York and will put special care into their clothing. Why not have your clothing sewn and dyed in one of the fashion capitals of the world?
· Finally, you may be shocked to learn that the global textile and garment industry is worth over 3 trillion dollars worldwide--a shocking figure that will continue to grow as populations increase and smart style that expresses individuality takes precedence over mass-produced and careless clothing. If you turn to clothing production in New York, you can put quality and, best of all, value into the clothing you sell.