Tips for Choosing a Clothing Wholesale Manufacturer
As a clothing designer, you’re constantly looking for the best way to get your pieces to your customers. The right clothing wholesale manufacturer can help to make this process easier. With so many different companies vying for your business, it’s important to do your homework before settling on one. Here are a few tips and tricks from the pros to ensure that you find the right custom apparel manufacturers in New York.
· The reputation of your wholesaler matters. Your manufacturer should stand out among other companies. This means that the quality of their products, manufacturing methods, and customer service are all above par. If a company doesn’t meet your standards, keep looking until you find one that does.
· While you might be tempted to choose the newest wholesale supplier on the block, you’d be wise to choose one with a bit more experience under their belt. The longer a wholesaler has been in business, the better they know their products and understand how things work. An experienced company has spent years cultivating good relationships with retailers, which is an invaluable resource.
· If you’re not sure which wholesale manufacturers you can trust, consider speaking with other retailers. Most designers and buyers are more than happy to speak with you regarding their experiences, especially if they’ve been in the industry for a few years.
· Before choosing a wholesaler, make sure that you ask about returns and damaged goods. If you receive defected clothing, it shouldn’t come off your bottom line. A good wholesaler is willing to compensate you or replace the item, ensuring that damaged goods don’t eat into your profits.
· Don’t choose a wholesaler strictly based on price. While you do want to produce large quantities of clothing for a decent price, you shouldn’t compromise quantity for cost. Compare different clothing samples with prices before deciding on a wholesale manufacturer to handle your business.
While there are many clothing wholesale suppliers in New York, it’s important to find the right company to produce your beautiful designs.