Fabric is the main material used in most types of apparel manufacturing. All basic fabrics are originally created in a factory or mill and are usually not fit for use at the start. When you’re getting your fabrics ready for a consumer market, you need to put them through a process known as “finishing,” which means getting them ready to cut. If you’re considering making clothing of your own and live in or near the Big Apple, there are many excellent custom apparel manufacturers in New York. If you would like to know more about your options; here are some examples of the types of materials available and the garments suited for each.
The fabrics are known for their versatility and varied design types. Woven materials create a higher degree of durability in their garments, making them more useful and more visually appealing.
Types of Woven Fabrics:
· Plain – The most straightforward woven fabric. Plain is a very tight fabric.
· Twill – Most commonly used in decorative fabrics. Twill is characterized by its diagonal lines.
· Satin – Not as popular as plain or twill weaves, satin is known for its smooth face side surface.
· Yarn Dyed – Dying is a reaction between chemicals, dyes, and water. This adds varying degrees of colors and shades to the fabric.
Other Woven Fabrics:
· Solid Dyed
Garments usually created from woven fabrics are shirts, pants, coats, dresses, and jackets.
Knitting is another form of interlacing the material. Many times, decorative designs are produced by the knitting technique. The way in which knitted materials are manufactured can be dependent on which part of the world you reside.
Types of Knitted Fabrics:
· Rib – Made with rows of knit and purl stitching. Rib knits have rows of ridges on both sides.
· Fleece – This is a very strong, insulated, and stretchy fabric. Normally a thicker material, the fleece knit is known for its quick dry.
Lacoste – This knit is characterized by its honeycomb appearance, which is the result of a lock and needle style of arrangement.
Other Knit Fabrics:
Garments usually created from knit fabrics are trousers, undergarments, skirts, and sweaters.
If you have questions or would like to know more about wholesale or custom clothing manufacturing in the New York area, please contact the helpful people at Apparel Production.